The Knaresborough Players do not hold any data about you directly.
We will hold data, via a third party for specific purposes as follows:
Our Mailing List
If you have opted to sign up for our mailing list, your data will be held within our MailChimp account. We will use this to send you marketing e-mails about our upcoming events. You can unsubscribe or modify your preferences at any time via the options in the e-mails we send or by contacting us at email@example.com
Online Box Office
We use thelittleboxoffice.com, an online application provided by The Little Box Office Limited (“LBO”), to manage our ticket sales. We use LBO to process personal information as a data processor on Our behalf. LBO is only entitled to process your personal data in accordance with Our instructions.
When you use the LBO platform, you may be asked to fill out an online form with personal information such as your name, address, telephone number and email address.
This information is collected to enable Us to sell you the tickets only, and will not be passed to any other organisations.
Some of the information We collect through forms is marked as mandatory (i.e. the information needed to complete the ticket sale, such as your full name and e-mail address) and other information is provided voluntarily, if you fail to provide Us with information that is marked as mandatory We will not be able to process your form or carry out the intended function (e.g. sell you a ticket).
Lawful Basis for Processing
We rely on “performance of a contract with the data subject” as the lawful basis of processing your information where we do this so that we can provide you with our tickets and services.
We rely on legitimate interest as the lawful basis on which We collect and use your personal data for the purposes of direct marketing.
How do We process this information, and for what purpose?
We require these personal details for the following reasons:
- We need your full name and e-mail address so We may be able to send you tickets electronically, so We can re-issue you tickets and offer refunds if necessary.
- We require this information for Our own record keeping
- Where you are an existing customer or have previously enquired about our products and services, we may use your personal information to send you promotional material about other related services or products. We are not required to ask for your consent to do this, but you always have the right to “opt out” of such communications if they are not of interest to you. If you wish to be removed from the mailing list, simply send Us an email request or check the relevant box during the booking process.
Under the General Data Protection Regulation you have a number of important rights free of charge. In summary, those include rights to:
• access to your personal data and to certain other supplementary information that this Privacy Notice is already designed to address
• require Us to correct any mistakes in your information which We hold
• require the erasure of personal data concerning you in certain situations
• receive the personal data concerning you which you have provided to Us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and have the right to transmit those data to a third party in certain situations
• object at any time to processing of personal data concerning you for direct marketing
• object to decisions being taken by automated means which produce legal effects concerning you or similarly significantly affect you
• object in certain other situations to our continued processing of your personal data
• otherwise restrict our processing of your personal data in certain circumstances
• claim compensation for damages caused by our breach of any data protection laws.
For further information on each of those rights, including the circumstances in which they apply, see the Guidance from the UK Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) on individuals rights under the General Data Protection Regulation.
If you would like to exercise any of those rights, please:
• email, call or write to Us
• let Us have enough information to identify you, including your name and email address
• let Us have proof of your identity and address (a copy of your driving licence or passport and a recent utility or credit card bill), and
• let Us know the information to which your request relates, including any transaction reference numbers, if you have them
We hope that We can resolve any query or concern you raise about our use of your information.
The General Data Protection Regulation also gives you right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, in particular in the European Union (or European Economic Area) state where you work, normally live or where any alleged infringement of data protection laws occurred. The supervisory authority in the UK is the Information Commissioner who may be contacted at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/ or telephone: 0303 123 1113.